Estate and Charitable Planning
As a member of both WealthCounsel and ElderCounsel, we are part of a collaborative network of estate planning and elder law attorneys nationwide. Our state of the art legal drafting solutions, and focus on intense continuing education, allow us to provide practical insights.
Historically as well as today, estate planning is subject to legislative and tax changes. To get an idea of what estate planning arrangement would work best for you, you can start by downloading our estate planning questionnaire from this website. Once you have reviewed the information on that questionnaire, we encourage you to call our office and set up a complimentary meeting to discuss your unique situation in more detail. Some solutions include:
- Grantor revocable trusts together with pour-over wills
- Charitable trusts, including charitable lead annuity trusts, charitable remainder unitrusts and charitable remainder annuity trusts.
- Private foundations
- Durable powers of attorney for both financial affairs and health care
- Living wills
- Estate and trust litigation
In advising clients on business law and farm planning, we place a strong emphasis on tax planning and finding the most advantageous structure for you in connection with the business transaction or opportunity. Often, we look to accomplish goals such as preserving family ownership of business assets in succession planning. Some solutions include:
- Business planning or formation, including corporations, LLCs, and family partnerships
- Buy/Sell agreements and other business succession documents
- Purchase, Sale and Acquisition of a business